Friday 18 March 2011

Volunteer Site

I found out today that my volunteer sight will be in the city of Keetmanshoop. Keetmanshoop is located in the Southern part of Namibia and I believe it is the second largest city after the capital of Windhoek. I will be working with Karas Huisen Craft Trust which is an organization that helps vulnerable adults, which includes those living with chronic diseases such as HIV/AIDS and TB, etc.  That is all I know for now and we are to know more by next Wednesday and we will also leave for our sights next Friday and spend a week there getting to know the sight and staff.
I’m excited about this placement and look forward to next week and meeting the folks I’ll be working with for the next two years!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! Seems like it is a great fit for you. Thank you for writing this blog to keep us updated. You are amazing. Hugs, friend

    ReplyDelete