Saturday 9 April 2011

Last Saturday night in Okahandja

So tonight was our last night Saturday night in Okahandja. This night comes with mixed emotions. We are excited to move on to our sites and begin our real volunteer work, yet this also means losing the comfort of each other as a trainee group. We spent the morning and afternoon preparing American food and feeding our host families to thank them for hosting and putting up with all of us for these 8 weeks of training. We then had an “after party” at Kelly’s host family’s home. Not all of the volunteers could make it but a good number of us showed up to let our hair down and hang out till the evening came.  Kelly and Leah, I will miss you! We are the three musketeers of Veddersdal!
I will surely miss all of my fellow volunteers as we all head off to different parts of Namibia. It will be great to see each other again in three months at reconnect for more training. I’m sure we will all have so many stories to share from our sites. I’ve shared some pictures not only of the great evening but the first photos are from an orphanage we visited earlier this week. What a bunch of beautiful children…many o f whom have lost one or both parents. Whenever I feel like I’m having a bad day, I just look at these pictures and lovely faces and it puts it all into perspective.
Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers this Thursday as we swear in as Peace Corps Volunteers.
Many thanks! Miss you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment